We’ve issued a number of notices to order early for Christmas this year, based on the disastrous shipping situation that everyone experienced last year, with many standard First Class packages taking 3 or 4 weeks to arrive when ordered in late November or December 2020.
I’m happy to say this year things are going much better. I just checked some recent shipments that shipped from our fulfillment contractor in Reno Nevada.
- Shipped 12/8 to California: arrived 12/11
- Shipped 12/8 to Montana: due to arrive today 12/13
- Shipped 12/9 to Tennessee: due to arrive today 12/13
- Shipped 12/9 to Austin, TX: due to arrive today 12/13
- Shipped 12/10 to Illinois: due to arrive tomorrow 12/14
- Shipped 12/10 to Minnesota: due to arrive tomorrow 12/14
It seems like all across the continental US, packages are arriving in 3-4 calendar days. We have also not had any reports of any packages getting lost in the USPS system, or taking inadvertent long trips to places they aren’t supposed to go, like Guam or Hawaii.
As a comparison, we’ve personally had quite a few orders from Amazon.com be significantly delayed, or never arrive. I’d say the USPS has really done a stand-up job of pulling their act together this year.
So you still have time to order from us and receive the package for Christmas. But don’t wait too long!