Customer Jim sent us these pictures of his destroyed try-ply cookware. It offers a cautionary tale of using too high of a heat and/or leaving your cookware unattended.
We’ve shown before that even for copper bottom cookware, it is unwise to heat the pans for an extended period of time as it can damage the copper layer.
If you do overheat your cookware, LET IT COOL SLOWLY BY ITSELF. If you douse a hot piece of cookware with cold water, it will almost certainly warp the bottom and it won’t sit flat any longer.